Randstad Systems Administrator in Somerville, Massachusetts
salary:$45 - $50 per hour
date posted:Thursday, January 28, 2021
industry:Health Care and Social Assistance
Want to work with advanced computing and help design, build and then manage open-source, automated infrastructures that support world-class research and data-driven medical knowledge? Do you enjoy working within an entrepreneurial culture filled with high-energy, collaborative, client-focused team members?
This position works within the multi-disciplinary ERIS Core Facilities team to develop, configure and administer application and web server systems and to provision user accounts for research departments and investigators across the System. This role works on a project-basis to understand and document the requirements and implement the technical server stack for the client. The broad range of responsibilities include: effective project communication and coordination of tasks with client, analysis of needs, installation/configuration, operation, and managing upgrades and patching with technical teams, and accountability.
Using your knowledge of server administration and application configuration, you will develop and maintain server systems and end-point integration issues, provide general technical training to investigators when needed, document knowledge within our knowledge management system ServiceNow, ensure systems are secure and provide support for the server and applications as needed.
location: SOMERVILLE, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Server Administration: Manage and administer production servers used by Investigators and Research Centers: including deployment and support, monitoring system performance, networking, data storage and backup/restore needs, maintainability, and availability.
· Upgrades servers and apps as necessary with new software revisions, patches and system program modifications.
· Manage access and space management for data center. Point of contact for Simches data center
· Develop and maintain system documentation using wiki and knowledge management tools (Confluence)
· Create and close work orders for tasks using established standards in ServiceNow
· Work directly with Departments and Research Labs on IT special projects that require this person to track and manage their time into a project billing system.
· Analyzes results of server monitoring and implements changes to improve performance, processing and utilization. Proposes, maintains and enforces server polices, practices and security procedures.
· Occasionally lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds and possible significant fieldwork around the campus and satellite buildings.
· Off-hours on-call best effort support is occasionally required.
Experience level: Experienced
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
- Randstad Jobs