MassMutual Financial Group Business Analyst in Springfield, Massachusetts
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
The MMUS Insurance Operations - Business Intelligence team supports the organization through the delivery of accurate and timely data, reporting, and consultative services that enable our business partners to make effective, data-driven decisions.
The Business Analyst will work with product owners/SMEs to analyze business processes, review user personas, gather requirements, develop user stories, and create acceptance criteria to help ensure successful delivery of BI solutions. The Business Analyst will be a member of a cross-functional agile team.
• Facilitate and drive requirements/use cases gathering sessions
• Decompose high-level business and user requirements into well-written user stories
• Document acceptance criteria for user stories
• Document technical requirements and business/technical process flows
• Partner with data and report development team members to provide data/reporting solutions
• Create test cases/strategy and execute testing
• Collaborate with business and systems experts
• Review business processes and information to drive requirements/user stories
• Analyze and decompose business rules
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Agile/Scrum experience specifically in Story/Acceptance criteria development and elicitation
• Experience with JIRA software or similar tools
• Technical or Insurance Industry background
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a business analyst, project management, or similar role
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty
• Effective relationship building skills
• Advanced experience with Excel and Visio
• Knowledge of SQL Server
• Authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
At MassMutual, we’re fostering an inclusive and dynamic environment where our employees are valued for who they are and can build successful careers. For us, diversity and inclusion is more than a goal, it’s the only way forward.
• 100% rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2018)
• National Association for Female Executives Top Company for Executive Women (2018)
• Disability Equality Index® (DEI) Best Place to Work for Disability inclusion (2018)
• Working Mother Media 100 Best Company (2017)
• Military Friendly Employer (2018)