MassMutual Data Analyst in Springfield, Massachusetts
The Data Analytics team within Corporate Audit is on a mission to curate and organize MassMutual information that is relevant, complete, and accurate for use in audit processes. To aid in MassMutual’s goal of helping people secure their future and protect the ones they love, Corporate Audit is undergoing a transformation to increase the usage of data and analytics through a modernization of the data infrastructure and capabilities leading to greater risk assurance. We are passionate in assisting the Auditors in understanding data, deriving insights, and making data-driven conclusions by utilizing technology.
The team consists of consultants who have experience with coding, engineering, advanced analytics, and solution delivery. Since the team is small, you must be able to wear many hats and be ready to roll up your sleeves having the grit and determination to learn and accomplish many new things. In addition to technical knowledge, you must have good communication and collaboration skills as you navigate within the team and organization. Due to the nature of the change underway, you must be able to adapt to changing circumstances quickly and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Responsible for providing consulting and coaching Auditors on determining the data needs for specific audits and continuous auditing
• Utilize business knowledge to determine the proper source and relevancy of data to fulfill requests
• Appropriately triage requests in a manner that meets Auditor’s timelines
• Extract and join data from various disparate databases using Structured Query Language (a.k.a. SQL), other programming languages, or software tools
• Ability to clean and transform data as needed to comply with requirements
• Identify and draw conclusions from patterns and trends observed in the data
• Create visualizations and write reports documenting the data process and conclusions made
• Complete other duties as assigned such as profile new data sources, create ETL logic for continuous auditing or Audit data mart, identifying gaps with data in sources and remediate if necessary by partnering with Enterprise Technology staff
The Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Economics, Computer Science, or Mathematics
• At least 5 years of professional experience with intermediate knowledge of Structured Query Language (a.k.a. SQL)
• Proficient with data visualization software tools like Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy, etc.
• Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate progress, raise issues, document actions taken, conclusions found
The Ideal Qualifications
• Knowledge and experience using Python, R, Java, and/or Unix scripting
• Intermediate understanding of SQL concepts such as joins, functions, stored procedures, indexing, and user defined functions
• Some experience in the life insurance industry or Internal Auditing
• Basic to intermediate understanding of data governance, master data management, data lineage, and data quality
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
• Regular meetings with the Data Analytics Audit team
• Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
• Access to mentorship opportunities
• Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
• Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
• Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
We’ve been around since 1851. During our history, we’ve helped millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection, and plan for the future.
Today, we continue to develop meaningful relationships with our customers by building their trust, being knowledge problem solvers and always prioritizing their needs. MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life.
MassMutual was recognized as an Ethisphere 2020 World’s Most Ethical Company, a Top Place to Work in 2020 according to The Boston Globe and named among America’s Best Employers for Diversity according to Forbes 2020. MassMutual ranks No. 84 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
- MassMutual Jobs