MassMutual .Net Technical Lead in Springfield, Massachusetts
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Technology Lead to join our Investment Delivery Services (IDS) team.
Why we need you.
We’re growing, and our clients deserve the best. As a Technology Lead, you’ll have an opportunity to partner with other experienced technology resources to transform our business processes using a new DevOps delivery model and a cloud first approach. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
Objectives of this role – What success looks like:
• Partner with Enterprise Architecture (EA) to define and maintain the target operating model for investment delivery including technologies, tools, and patterns
• Accountable for the architecture strategy for investments including an application/technology inventory and application continuity plans (ACPs)
• Define and communicate DevOps standards and best practices across multiple development streams
• Define the IDS cloud adoption strategy including standards and best practices
Daily and monthly responsibilities – What your days and weeks will include:
• Lead technology implementation of a DevOps delivery model including standing up new technologies, training, and adoption
• Provide technology decision support to business as usual (BAU) and project teams
• Provide technology governance and controls to ensure compliance with the IDS delivery model standards and best practices
• Assist in defining the appropriate level of AWS training across the IDS Team
Required skills and qualifications – The qualifications that are needed for this role:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer or business-related field
• 8 or more years of experience with designing and implementing complex solutions
• Mastery level knowledge and experience with C# application development including .net core, NginX, micro-services, docker, Entity Framework, HTML 5.0, Angular JS, Windows Workflow
Foundation (WWF), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), MVC, IIS, SQL Server T-Query, SQL Server XQuery
• Deep understanding and experience deploying and administering applications on Windows and Linux servers
• Deep understanding and experience with DevOps delivery including Jira, GitHub, and Jenkins
• Experience with batch job scheduling (TWS/Maestro), orchestration, secure file transfer, XML and XML concepts (schemas, XSD, XSLT), SQL Server/Oracle query and query writing
• Skilled leading and/or participating in system design and architectural activities including technical requirement writing experience and ability to lead collaboration for important design decisions.
• Experience in AWS cloud application design, development, and deployment including AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
• Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment including employees, vendors, and third-party contractors
• Proven ability to provide technical leadership and guidance to less experienced team members
• Strong understanding and adherence to IT SDLC and operational best practices
• Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
• Ability to be onsite 3 consecutive days a month.
Preferred qualifications – Additional skills that make you a great fit:
• Strong knowledge of ETL development including development patterns, and best practices
• Knowledge of Python development including development patterns, and best practices
• Knowledge of investment data and/or financial data
• Knowledge of data governance and data management technologies and methodologies
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
- MassMutual Jobs