Philips Project Manager in United States of America - Home Based, Massachusetts
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Responsible during the presales phase to assess the customer site, agreeing project scope, project risk & timelines, technical project feasibility, pre-calculation of project cost
· Is responsible for agreeing the project objectives and formulating the project plan, in consultation with management and other parties concerned on base of the customer contract.
· Is responsible to organize the internal and external resources to be used (quality, time, budget and information) and specifies the quality standard in the processes. Includes engaging with Market procurement for quotes / orders from external suppliers.
· Defines the risks (technical and commercial) of the project and develops scenarios to overcome these risks.
· Directs employees and gives them operational guidance, regarding content and organization. Manages external resources (e.g sub-contractors).
· Is responsible for implementation and realization according to the project plan or validated project order in terms of quality, money, time, information, organization and final customer acceptance.
· Is responsible for driving compliancy to applicable regulations (Q&R/ H&S) by own organization, third parties and partners in the project
· Controls the project budget and project progress, evaluates all change
requests as to feasibility, costs/benefits and added value, takes corrective actions when necessary and generates adequate reporting to internal and external stakeholders
· Provides a feedback loop on post-project execution
Professional knowledge of project management methods, and estimation techniques (resources, cost, time and risks) for the relevant technical/functional discipline.
· Team size of > 15 people via sub project managers (inside and outside Philips)
· Project value typically €-10 M for integrated solutions or > €0 M E for products + services
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· Functional Knowledge of the applied products and systems and the interaction with 3rd party systems
· Knowledge of Health & Safety standards
· Knowledge of quality and compliance requirements
· Financial knowledge to influence the margin in the acquisitions phase and to improve margin during execution.
· Communication skills to manage relations with executive/management representatives of customers.
· Managerial skills like people management, team management and managing multiple set of subcontractors and competitors
· Negotiation skills: contract negotiations with
sub-contractors and competitors
Project characteristics related to complexity: Customized, first of a kind, solutions including 3rd party system and customized services; Adjusted standard contracts
· Managing large complex multi-site projects; Derive execution within a contract and documentation;
· Dealing with the unexpected and unforeseen.
· Involved in contract negotiations
· Identifies project opportunities and collaborates on that with BDM / AM
Large /complex multi-site projects
· Objectives of action are defined by contracts but considerable freedom is permitted in achieving end results.
· Responsible for the planning, execution, progress and quality of the project and for the coordination between the subprojects
· Influence on key decisions regarding content within integral team.
· Impact on efficiency and effectiveness of key business processes.
· Managing internal and external stakeholders like sub-contractors and commercial partners
· Managing a multi-functional cross site team with sub teams; Provides expert resolution of issues and coordinates and monitors the integration of work
In this role we offer you
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.