HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Application System Engineer in Waltham, Massachusetts
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our organization. Submit your application today!
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and an employee stock purchase program.
For us, atMobile Heartbeat™ improving the way clinical professionals communicate and collaborate is a calling. We seek talented, creative professionals who feel the same way. Here you’ll be part of a team that’s passionate about building great solutions that empower our customers to do great things. You’ll work in an environment that’s energized by new ideas and fresh thinking. And we have fun doing it.
TheApplication System Engineeris a key role within Mobile Heartbeat as the company continues to grow. This role ensures that customer implementations are properly designed, reviewed and maintained and that any issues are resolved promptly. The role works directly with internal teams including Solutions, Project Management, Product Management, Quality Assurance, and Engineering as well as working directly with customers.
The Application System Engineer works across named customer accounts providing technical knowledge, support, planning and optimization for the Mobile Heartbeat platform and products. A combination of technical aptitude, analytical skills, problem solving, excellent communication skills and drive to help the customer are critical to success in this role.
Commitment to excellence. We are looking for people who care about doing good quality work, getting things done on time, and being productive.
Commitment to customers. We are looking for people who really care about solving problems for customers. This role requires someone who responds quickly and with empathy; someone who wants the customer to be happy with the outcome and to feel that we are committed to them.
- Provide technical support to customers over phone, web, email, and collaboration tools
- Document troubleshooting activities and resolutions for support issues in ticketing system
- Provide explanations of product functionality to customers
- Assist customers in understanding how the product functions and how to troubleshoot and administer it
- Work directly with customers to: o Review application performance, stability, security and future scaling o Ensure that customers optimize their environments by leveraging appropriate infrastructure and configuration
- Communicate customer technical requirements internally with appropriate detail to ensure that customer needs are met
- Work with internal teams to ensure that system operation is properly monitored and documented
- Document customer environments, unique configurations and possible configuration limitations
- Ensure that complex customer software issues are properly prioritized, reviewed, debugged and resolved
- Provide internal and customer-facing reports and metrics to show system and support performance
- Work directly with customer accounts to ensure that the application and system is working correctly
- Rapidly become a product subject-matter expert
- Manage priorities and allocate time appropriately
- Identify and implement improvements for processes and systems used by Support
- Assist in implementation and upgrade of MH-CURE
- Contribute content to the Knowledge Base, documenting known issues, troubleshooting steps, best practices, and common tasks
- As part of on-call team, respond to and resolve critical system issues that arise on 24x7 basis
- Primary responsibility is to resolve customer issues and manage customer relationships and environments, but some project work is also expected
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related field
- Customer Service background is preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and with empathy
- Familiarity with SQL-based query languages
- Familiarity with clinical environments is preferred
- Background in relevant third-party technologies preferred, including HL7, Epic, Cisco Call Manager, Avaya, Hill-Rom, Rauland R5
- Knowledge of computer, networking, and wireless technologies
- Ability to manage many customer issues at once, across multiple customers, and provide timely communication in all cases
- Ability to think clearly and react calmly
Mobile Heartbeat is a clinical communication and collaboration company with the goal of driving collaborative care and positive patient outcomes throughout the healthcare enterprise. Our platform enables every role in every department to communicate by accelerating decision-making and most importantly, improving patient care.
HCA Healthcare, our parent company, has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of its World’s Most Ethical Companies for ten consecutive years, and we are proud of the impact we are having in our communities through employment, investment and charitable giving.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly, qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Application System Engineer
Location: Massachusetts-Waltham-Mobile Heartbeat
Requisition ID: 26839-16086