National Grid Director: Infrastructure Product Manager - End User Device and Data Access in Waltham, Massachusetts
* National Grid is hiring a* * Director: Infrastructure Product Manager – End User Device and Data Access* * for our Infrastructure and Operations department in Waltham, MA.*
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Organizations that want to keep pace with a flexible work world and attract and keep talented employees need to create a digital workplace where team members can work seamlessly anytime, from anywhere. National Grid must undergo significant transformation to create a digital workspace that will meet the growing needs of our Business and end users. The Infrastructure Product Manager will play a crucial role to help fulfil this mandate. This is a new and highly visible function within the End User Experience (EUX) team.
The primary role entails driving strategic direction of the Device and Data Access (DDA) Product Portfolio and managing the product, capabilities, platforms and tools through its lifecycle. The Product Manager will work as the primary interface between senior stakeholders within IT and the NG Business to clearly define, communicate, document, and manage product requirements. The Product Manager will clearly articulate product vision, document and manage the product roadmap, determine TCO/ROI, the high level product release milestones and epics, and MVP. They produce clear line of sight into cost forecast, resource demand and leads EUX engineering to build an appropriately scalable and available RTC Product portfolio that meets business requirements and delivers a world-class collaboration experience. Key partners include product owners to maintain and deliver the product backlog and continual service improvement, IT Finance, IT Business Strategy, and enterprise architecture. The Product Manager will also work closely with or directly manage IT Communication and Business Enablement functions to ensure various modes of communication and training are used to market the Product, facilitate and measure adoption and success. The Product Manager will be responsible for building business cases, providing competitive analysis, managing staff, and managing SLAs.
• End User devices technology platform scope examples include PC, Apple iOS/Mac, Virtual Desktop operating systems and endpoints; desktop peripherals; PC image and configuration management tools such as Airwatch, SCCM, InTune, application packaging and distribution methodologies and tools; Citrix/VMWare; desktop security tools such as FireEye, Symantec, and group policy.
• Overall accountability of vision, roadmap, and delivery of the product. Owns the product strategy which drives the vision and roadmap, and manages the product throughout its entire lifecycle, not just the development phase.
• Manages or works closely with architecture, engineering, product owners, finance, and delivery functions to provide the end-to-end product experience to end user customers.
• Provide insights into product, technology and market trends.
• Responsible for thoroughly learning and understanding Grid businesses needs, and translation of business needs to product epics and MVP (when doing Agile) and business outcomes; or technical requirements (when doing waterfall/phase-gate development)
• Oversight of product Product financials, cNPS metrics, OKR and KPI metrics, product ROI and TCO.
• Be a champion of the MVP concept, distilling the product down to what is desirable, viable and feasible
• Responsible for the development of business cases and definition of product cost structures
• Work with IT Communications and Business Enablement teams to develop materials to market the product
• Drives to a smooth product transition to operations and support via infrastructure operations best practices such as ITIL, and a high capability maturity
• Develop communications to share roadmaps, release plans and product performance to key stakeholders
• Direct management of architecture and engineering staff and matrix leadership of the Agile Release Train including operational/support, service delivery and sprint release teammates.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
Has proven leadership, relationship, communication, and presentation skills.
Establishes relationships and maintains contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds. Effective and sensitive communicator in different societies and cultures.
Conveys confidence and professionalism, positively influencing and persuading others to take a specific course of action.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution
• 8+ years experience within the DDA technology scope and product market delivering modern capabilities such as automated and remote PC configuration management and provisioning; mobile device management; application packaging and distribution, configuration vs. image management and virtual desktop delivery
• 4+ years experience as a Product Manager or equivalent
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience over their career in the full infrastructure product delivery stack from service strategy, architecture, to design/build engineering, transition to operations, and BAU operations and support.
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in IT with frameworks such as Togaf, ITIL, CMM, security, risk and vendor best practices
• A demonstrated and focused desire to build powerful, simple, well-designed products and services that employees will love to use
• Working knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools, SAFe experience a plus.
• Experience creating a digital product release strategy from inception to BAU support
• An ability to think strategically and creatively, with the capacity for self-motivation, independent initiative and creative problem-solving
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills, writing clear and concise proposals and presentations and interfacing with executive staff
• The ability to manage time and schedules for self and staff to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication
• A diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition, as well as the ability to set and manage expectations at the executive level
• Excellent leadership skills with experience collaborating and managing cross-functional teams
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
_ National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team. _