Oncopeptides North America IT Business Partner in Waltham, Massachusetts
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Mountain View, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
The IT Business Partner serves as the business relationship link between business units and IT. The ITBP provides highly valued consulting support and guidance on leveraging existing IT platforms as well as support in finding new solutions. They communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business unit requests and projects and initiatives.
This position is based in Waltham, MA.
Domestic and international travel up to 20%.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with the Project Management Office on the intake process prioritization of candidate projects across the company
• Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of assigned solution roadmaps and to ensure successful introductions across the organization and with customers.
• Project management life-cycle with focus on execution and stakeholder communication
• Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers have the solutions they need, when they need them.
• Collaborate with IT Services team and IT Platform Managers to ensure solution compatibility with company standards.
• Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive impact on the organization.
• Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop annual IT budgets input for global IT budget or for respective business areas.
• Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
• Create and analyze relevant information and develop recommendations to business stakeholders
• Create shared vision of their respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms.
• Create consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
• Identify, screen and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet (internal and external) customer needs part of IT Demand management process.
• Partner with key staff members to create strategic business plans.
• Work with key business stakeholders to evolve culture and organizational behavior, elevating IT into a strategic partner.
• Partner with business unit or function leaders on pre-project ideation, leaders to evaluate proposals, build business cases, and plan new joint initiatives, and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities
• Ensure that [business unit or function]’s strategy and key performance indicators are identified and leveraged for effective IT demand shaping
• Coach business partners and enable them to articulate the technology needs and requirements in their function that will advance business performance.
• Act as the principal IT advisor within ONE Oncopeptides organization and a champion for identifying, leading and driving information technology transformation.
• Partner with business process owners to ensure that essential business requirements are understood, captured, and reflected in solution documentation.
• Ensure delivery of new technology solutions and capabilities in accordance with the defined solution roadmap and ensure that they meet established objectives and expectations of business partners.
• Proactively identify business capability and IT service gaps and contribute to improvement efforts
• Minimum of +10 years of IT and business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business segments
• At least 5 years of experience with facilitating/leading team(s) responsible in business development, strategic planning or client management and working with a broad range of diverse and complicated business units.
• B. Sc. or equal education
• Relevant certification(s): PRINCE2, PMI(PMP), ITIL, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication (English)
• Organizational change management – LEAN/AGILE
• Leading change
• Learning orientation
• Performance Driven - Decision making
• Operational execution excellence
• Problem Solving
• Team and collaboration orientation
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong stakeholder analysis and interaction abilities across all levels in the organization
• Possess a broad knowledge of IT and common business processes and use them effectively in close collaboration within IT to provide great solutions
• Strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources
• Business case development
• Project management
• Project resource planning and management
• Business acumen
• Stakeholder management
• Vendor Management