Verizon Senior Product Manager in Waltham, Massachusetts
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect (VZConnect) is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
What you’ll be doing…
You will play a lead role in executing agile experimentation to identify and develop new product concepts and markets that drive value to the Telematics organization. You will lead the process and execution of strategic experimentation, problem identification and MVP development with a cross functional team. You will then represent and execute that strategy to the organization showing the path from MVP development through end of life.
● Incorporating feedback and input from customers, partners and in-house teams on product strategy and finding ways to expand product market reach
● Define product requirements – writing and prioritizing use cases
● Work with senior management, internal stakeholders and customers to create product plans and roadmaps
● Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
● Use critical thinking to get to the root of product issues, executive questions, etc. and be able to both deep dive but also cover broad topic areas to synthesize your own analysis and succinct recommendation for path forward
● Partner with UX to create compelling experience strategies
● Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
● Manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and changing environment
● User experience interviews and testing to gather continuous customer insights
● Drive and own product deliverables – high-level business rationale, product/market fit, etc.
● Work with cross functional team to develop 3 to 5 yearbusiness plans
● Manage lifecycle of product and/or identify existing team for continued development
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
● A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
● 8 or more years of relevant work experience
● Proven experience in defining, developing and launching products
● Software as a Service experience required
● Experience defining and launching mobile first product experiences
Even better if you have:
● A Master’s degree
● A desire to innovate and an entrepreneurial mind-set with a healthy disregard for the impossible
● Strong logical, analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
● Demonstrated leadership among a high performing team of specialists
● Show interest and knowledge in the Telematics and IoT space with demonstrated user empathy
● Expert in an Agile environment, comfortable interacting with other software development processes
● Cultivate strong relationships with cross-functional internal teams and external partners
● A great story-teller with excellent written and oral communication skills
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
- Verizon Jobs