National Grid Specialist, Customer Energy Integration in Waltham, Massachusetts
National Grid is hiring a Complex Specialist for our Customer Energy Integration (CEI) MA department in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is looking for a highly organized, self-motivated professional to manage Salesforce milestone data accuracy across the MA Complex Interconnection project queue. This professional will be responsible for creating and managing Salesforce reports and dashboards in support of our Interconnection efforts and Tariff timelines and working with team members to address errors and inconsistencies. Additional responsibilities include initiating and supporting Salesforce changes as the needs arise, responding to customer questions related to process or applications, and working as a liaison to our support staff responding to data related questions, project, audits, managing customer payments and project handoffs.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
• Manage and maintain the accuracy of Salesforce data and Milestones to assist in timeline compliance within the Tariff bound interconnection process.
• Coordinate with Job owners and other internal stakeholders where data discrepancies are identified.
• Create and maintain a reporting structure that aligns with the data requirements within the process across multiple stakeholders within MA CEI Complex.
• Maintain the work management systems and update procedures to support the solutions that enhance Distributed Generation process.
• Challenge existing policies and procedures to continuously seek ways to enhance customer service and efficiencies within the customer management process.
• Create and maintain dashboards within Salesforce to assist in the management of work within the queues.
• Communicate, answer questions, and manage projects through transition from one process step to the next.
• Provide technical guidance, support and coaching to others, (both internally and externally) in order to share knowledge and increase understanding of Distributed Generation interconnection practices and processes where applicable.
• Analyze and evaluate developments in Distributed Generation and Renewable Energy technologies in order to identify impact of different scenarios on the business and processes as it relates to work management systems/Salesforce.
• Manage financial aspects of project requirements.
• Represent National Grid as needed in various industry associations.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 1+ years of work experience in an Electric Distribution Utility, Electric Transmission Company, or Distributed Generation specialty.
• Demonstrated superior customer service and analytical skills.
• Having proven experience with problem solving across multiple facets of the project management process and stakeholder management. Having the ability to articulate findings and anticipate challenges to better navigate next steps.
• Support and be part of a team environment.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, negotiations and communications. Let’s people affected by a decision know what’s happening and is able to clearly articulate reasons for a decision.
• Understands theory behind policies and processes and demonstrates the ability to challenge existing processes and ways of working e.g. taking action to avoid future crisis or create opportunities to improve existing practices.
• Excellent organizational, data management and computer skills.
• Be a coordinator for technical DG items that may arise with the National Grid customer base.
• Good knowledge of Distributed Generation interconnection practices and installation standards.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
• 3+ years’ experience with renewable energies process and practices.
• Experience with MA DG tariff applications and timelines.
• Proficiency with Salesforce workflows and reporting.
• Experience with STORMs (or similar work management system) desired.
• Able to read schematics, one-lines and experience with Graphic Information Systems (GIS).
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office software products.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to represent the company in meetings and seminars, present material as needed.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.