Amazon Web Services AMAZON ROBOTICS - Software Developer - Westborough, MA in Westborough, Massachusetts
Software Development Engineer - Amazon Robotics Pick and Stow Team - Westboro, MA..
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics has transformed core Pick and Stow operations within Amazon’s Fulfillment Network. We are expanding our innovation to a new business process inside Amazon Fulfillment Centers (FC).
We are merging human and machine capabilities to enhance efficiency and job satisfaction. Through technology and innovation, we are reducing learning curves and stress while increasing productivity, quality, and safety.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
· Internalize our customer challenges and derive creative solutions which apply new and innovative technology.
· Design and build business critical, highly available software components in a distributed architecture, connecting multi-tenant cloud services, physical servers and hundreds of network connected PCs in the Fulfillment Center
· Design software with quality, robustness and Amazon sized scale as top priorities
· Prototype and test concepts or features, through simulation tools and emulators and also with robotic equipment
· Work directly with customers to test software prototypes and incorporate feedback
· Collaborate cross-functionally with Hardware Engineering, Deployment Engineering, and other SW teams for integration and configuration of hardware peripherals and devices that are part of the software solution
· Develop in Java with modern AWS (Amazon Web Services) technologies such as DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS, Athena, internal Amazon development tools and more
· Apply SW best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, build processes, and testing
BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, applied math or other algorithmic-centric discipline
3+ years of experience developing production level software in core Java, C++ or other Object Oriented language
Experience building software applications
Understanding of Object Oriented Programming, data structures and algorithms
Proficient oral and written communication skills
Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team
• Experience with software integration of robotics, industrial equipment or other hardware
• Experience with any AWS technologies, Web Services or other Web Technologies
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation..
Tags: Amazon Robotics, robotics, Java, Java Developer jobs at Amazon, Westboro, Massachusetts, Westborough, MA. AWS, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Prime, Amazon Alexa
Share this job
CompanyAmazon Robotics LLC
Position CategorySoftware Development
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)United States