Nvidia Senior Hardware Microcode Software Developer in Westford, Massachusetts
We are now looking for a Senior Hardware Microcode Software Developer:
What you’ll be doing:
- As part of NVIDIA's interconnect team, you'll own microcode for an embedded microcontroller for a high speed link that interconnects GPUs with other CPUs/GPUs.
- In this role, you will write Microcode, collaborate with the Architecture team and Software teams to understand requirements and Verification staff to validate the written Microcode.
- Work with Nvidia Security teams to implement Security features on the Microcode, follow Security coding guidelines leading up to Production Signoff of Microcode .
- Help the GPU Bring Up teams to support bringing up the chip for Link Initialization, Link Training, Power Management sequences.
- As Microcode needs to be ISO 26262 compliant for safety critical firmware for automotive chips, you’ll partner with our Safety team to define and document what is needed and then implement the safety features required in Microcode.
What we need to see:
You have a Masters Degree in CS or ECE or related with 5+ years of relevant experience.
Deep knowledge of computer architecture fundamentals.
- Programming expertise working in C and Assembly languages. Assembly level debug knowledge is a must.
- Experience with Verilog and VHDL
- An understanding of memory system behavior including coherency protocols. Realtime scheduling experience.
- A Real passion for low-level system details down to the microcode level displayed in your work.
- Strong communication skills are required (capable of coordinating with various teams, driving to get answers, etc) along with the ability to work in a dynamic, product oriented team.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
PhD with a focus on computer architecture
Prior work on a dynamically optimizing system
- Demonstrated architectural work at the hardware/software boundary
- Familiarity with RTL design flows and analysis tools
NVIDIA’s invention of the GPU 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing — with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. Today, we are increasingly known as “the AI computing company” and are looking to grow our teams with the smartest people in the world. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Posted 9 Days Ago
- Full time