Abbott Senior R&D Engineer (Artificial Intelligence) in Westford, Massachusetts
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
We are developing exciting technologies that are pushing the boundaries in Interventional Cardiology. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Advanced Technology team to work on new algorithms that apply data science and machine learning on clinical data. The candidate will have advanced expertise in machine learning / Artificial Intelligence and data science to work on the following:
• Develop Machine Learning based analytics using clinical data
• Develop statistical models from clinical data to provide key insights
• Expert level familiarity with latest tools for data science, NLP and Machine Learning
• Expertise in hardware and software architecture designs to utilize large data from a variety of sources
• Experience in applying data science and analytical methods for healthcare problems
• Good prototyping skills, ability to generate research prototypes to demonstrate concepts
• Hands on experience in statistical and machine learning tools
• Highly motivated, team player with strong technical collaboration skills and desire to learn quickly and develop new skills.
• Prior experience in medical device product development is a plus
• Prior background in 2D and 3D image processing algorithm development a plus
Bachelors Degree (Computer Science, Statistics, Bio-informatics, Electrical Engineering or related field) with extensive data science and machine learning background and 6+ years of related work experience or MS plus 4+ years or PhD.
Expertise with one or more of the following: Python, C++, MATLAB, R, or other relevant scripting language and state of the art prototyping tools for Deep Learning
Conducts feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality. Develops new concepts from initial design to market release. Directs support personnel and coordinates project activities.
Write and submit intellectual property (patents). Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
Investigates and evaluates existing technologies. Reviews or coordinates vendor activities to support development.
(Planning/Organization) Plans and organizes non-routine tasks w/approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule. Establishes priorities of work assignments.
(Decision Making/Impact) Exercises judgment in selecting innovative, practical methods to achieve problem resolution. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
OPEN TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES AT LOWER LEVEL.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com