Eversource Energy Associate Domain Architect Energy Management in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Role and Scope of Position:
The Domain Architect has technical expertise within Energy Management domain area. Most of these applications relate to the tracking of electric load and natural gas throughput to customers and the portion of that load supplied by 3rd party marketers. This tracking is ultimately reported internally and to the 3rd party marketers and the ISO-NE regulatory body. The DA position supports the Load Settlement, Load Research, Gas Supply and Wholesale Power business groups.
The Domain Architect, Associate, has an entry-level understanding of the capabilities of applications and business functions within the Energy Management domain, and ensures that these capabilities are fully utilized and effectively optimized to make leveraging them efficient. He/she evaluates the technologies against vendor product roadmaps, competitive products, and market trends to ensure that the domain meets current and future Eversource needs. The work will encompass day-to-day monitoring of the systems, dedicated project work, consulting on other projects which may interface with the area’s systems, knowledge sharing and advocating for the business groups. The Domain Architect is a critical link between IT and business groups.
The Domain Architect, Associate, is responsible for contributing to the domain roadmap, standards and practices into the overall Enterprise Architecture as well as supporting solution development efforts guided by Solutions Architects that involve their assigned domain. Efficient governance over the domain is necessary to ensure that the technologies are incorporated into solutions in compliant, standard, and supportable ways.
- Responsible for successfully applying the technology in a domain to solve business problems in a supportable, cost effective, way
- Understands how the domain supports Eversource needs and assesses current capabilities and future needs to identify necessary changes to the domain technologies or practices
- Develop guidance for incorporating the technology within their domain into solutions, including defined standards, reference architectures, solution guidelines, support models and operational performance metrics.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business needs, including those of IT.
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement, including improvements to the support model for those recommendations. In addition, analyze the technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture.
- Collaborate with technical subject matter experts, solution architects and enterprise architects to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new and improved business capabilities and operating models.
- Incorporate domain standards, practices, guidance and roadmaps into the Eversource Architects and communicate them via architecture documents, meetings or other channels. Periodically review and maintain the accuracy of the information.
Provides technology consulting to Solutions Architects and others who are using or modifying the domain technology in solutions.
Participates in Eversource Enterprise Architecture processes as an expert in respective domain.
- Entry level understanding of the Energy Management domain, including how it can be assembled into a comprehensive solution to meet business and IT needs.
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and ITIL standards
- Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls
- Working knowledge of SQL, Windows operating systems, Unix/Linux, Java, .Net, Azure cloud offerings and some sort of coding background would be a requirement
- Nice to have skills would be - Oracle, SFTP, and TFS/VSTS, DevOps tools (JIRA, Azure DevOps, etc)
- Knowledge of agile methodologies such as the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with business and technical roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to balance the long-term (big picture) and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes
- Team player and collaborative
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree is a plus
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, writing and typing.
- Work involves using a computer and telephone as well as personal communication.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes researching, analyzing, writing and public speaking.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs