Eversource Energy Enterprise Architecture, Manager in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for leading the overall information technology architecture planning; including infrastructure strategy, architectural direction, technology standards and guidelines to achieve the business outcomes desired as part of that vision. This position will also work with the broader IT organization and business units, including the CIO and business leaders, to determine ways that Eversource can leverage technology to enhance business objectives and improve the customer experience.
- Provides leadership on both strategic and tactical issues so that economies of scale, shared thought processes, architectural approach and intellectual capital are focused on across the organization
- Works with key technology and business leaders to establish and ensure consistent, disciplined use of technologies, including goals, principles, policies, standards and priorities across the organization.
- Builds and drives the development of the architecture function that supports the strategic direction of the business and ensures alignment and compliance across all technology areas
- Builds and grows talent in the enterprise architecture discipline, in addition to leading highly technical teams that are capable of achieving desired business outcomes
- Develops technology strategies and architectures in order to achieve Eversource’s vision of digitizing all business capabilities across the enterprise
- Champions the value of enterprise architecture and communicate its value across the organization and foster better linkage between application development and the infrastructure organization.
Improves total cost of ownership via the implementation of an improved architecture strategy that enables identification of issues very early in the development process. Works closely with the business and IT units to develop plans for the rationalization of systems to reduce cost and improve effectiveness
Ensures communication of architecture issues, training, events, standards, policies and overall architecture strategy.
- Requires in depth knowledge of infrastructure, applications, data and technology disciplines
- Requires proven experience in the development of large-scale systems that support mission-critical IT environments
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver technology strategy and solutions across multiple functions in a complex environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
- M.B.A. is preferred
- Minimum of ten to twelve years of IT and Enterprise Architecture experience.
- Proven experience in building, mentoring and leading high-performing teams.
- Experience in working in an information-rich, utility or business services company is strongly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Approved By: ________________________________ Date:________________________________
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs