Eversource Energy Program Manager, Asset Management Technology in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for managing and developing asset management tools and configuration control processes for transmission and substation assets. This includes collaboration with various transmission and substation stakeholders to identify and implement process improvements to enable asset management, maintenance and compliance activities. Responsibilities also include developing new tools, capabilities and processes to enhance the monitoring and performance of transmission and substation equipment, as well as evaluating new equipment monitoring capabilities and how to interface the various systems to provide better visibility into the health of the system.
- Develops and maintains effective configuration control processes to manage and update transmission and substation asset data in various software applications.
- Maintains maintenance triggers in line with Eversource and regulatory inspection/test cycles, and updates as a result of capital improvements.
- Collaborates with maintenance, engineering, operations and projects stakeholders to ensure various business processes support the updating and management of the transmission asset management tools.
- Identifies and leads initiatives to review new technologies to enhance equipment monitoring capabilities and interfaces with existing transmission asset management tools.
- Provides quality control review for transmission and substation asset data submittals.
- Implements industry best practices with respect to asset management and maintenance tools for the tracking and monitoring of transmission and substation assets.
- Develops and manages key reports and queries to support asset management and maintenance functions.
- Knowledge of Transmission power system asset management, maintenance and/or operations. Working knowledge of information technology and the use of Eversource’s office automation and information systems. Ability to create/manage Microsoft Access Databases, Microsoft Excel databases and associated user interfaces (visual basic, SQL or similar programming ability) is highly desirable. Experience using CASCADE strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, financial discipline or equivalent experience
- A minimum of eight (8) years of related experience is required. Experience in Energy Delivery, maintenance management systems, or information technology including database management and field hardware preferred. Experience in a leadership role that supports process/culture change is highly desirable.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle license.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects : Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs