Eversource Energy Sr. Engineering Projects, Planner and Scheduler in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! Plans, schedules, manages and reports on engineering activities across the Eversource projects portfolio. Completes complex tasks associated with establishing, maintaining, analyzing and reporting of costs and schedules associated to engineering activities contained in the overall project schedules. Responsible for obtaining and providing information as well as implementing recommendations to meet project goals and positively influence project direction. Assist engineering departments, project managers and Engineering Controls and Contracts in determining engineering resource solutions for meeting project cost and schedule objectives. Ability to apply project management theories and methodologies and utilize a variety of related project control tools.
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.7 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for planning, organizing and managing the Operations field workload through accurate forecasting, staffing calculations, scheduling and management reports. Creates, maintains and upgrades short and long-term staffing models and trending forecasts to improve the efficiency of the Operations area. Prepares work schedules for district operations through analysis of projected workload, resource requirements and prescribed time frames. Ensures that workplans and schedules facilitate timely and cost-effective completion of all capital workload including new business, compliance and mandated work, system reliability, and maintenance and construction. Responsible for obtaining, providing and implementing information and recommendations to meet Operations goals and positively influence project direction. Determine critical path activities and assist management in determining resource requirements to minimize schedule impacts. Monitor and analyze actual schedule against target schedule to forecast project results.
- Generates district work plans and schedules that ensure resources are available to meet workload demands. Provides contingency plans to rebalance workload. Provides consulting and support services in the areas of planning, project management and project controls.
- Monitors current and future workload to ensure district plans and schedules maximize productivity, control costs and meets or exceeds service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Communicates with team members and advises management of the status of work-in-progress, resource availability and potential project schedule conflicts and problems.
- Anticipates project plan changes and advises management of potential resolutions.
- Creates and maintains accurate short and long-term forecasting and staffing models that ensure the effective utilization of distribution resources.
- Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects.
- Expedite project plan changes and negotiate the reallocation of resources to accommodate changes and conflicts.
- Evaluate project forecasts to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Works with Compliance Coordinators to distribute district compliance and mandated program work.
- Ensures that all projects are executed and closed out in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner and according to Company policy.
- Develops time and cost schedules for district management through analysis of survey statistics and productivity information.
- Prepares weekly and monthly workload status reports for management.
- Requires working and technical knowledge of specific Distribution departmental activities including construction standards, operating and maintenance procedures and regulations related to Distribution field activity. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Work Management and spreadsheets). Strong analytical skills and demonstrated skill in workload planning and resource allocation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, related discipline preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of planning and scheduling experience required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires visits to job sites on an as needed basis. Job can require spending time driving to different geographic locations.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes analyzing, implementing and coordinating. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs