Textron System Security Engineer III in Wilmington, Massachusetts
System Security Engineer III
Who Are We?
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators, and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in our Textron Systems Wilmington, MA location. Visit TextronSystems.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
The Textron Systems team is looking for an experienced, self-starter System Security Engineer (SSE) with strong Cyber Security background.
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the on-site engineering tasks in Wilmington, MA to ensure System Security Engineering and Cyber Security activities meet customer and program requirements.
- Efficiently work individually on-site in Wilmington, MA reporting to the Director of Engineering, and dotted line to a larger Textron System Cyber Security team based in Maryland.
- Contributing to support the assessment and authorization of products in accordance with Risk Management Framework (RMF) to achieve an Interim Authorization To Test (IATT) or Authorization To Operate (ATO).
- Lead the creation and updates of plans and reports for System Security Engineering and Cyber Security deliverables.
- Developing secure system designs based on the latest best practice security principles and techniques.
- Gathering and performing analysis of security requirements and controls.
- Utilizing vulnerability scan, port scan, and compliance checker tools, and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Hands-on development of remediation and mitigation plans based on risk and vulnerability analysis.
- Ability to install remediations onto to target systems.
- Coordinate with appropriate program, engineering and external organizations throughout the program and RMF and SSE lifecycle.
- Support Work Package Management activities to track cost and schedule.
- Willing and able to occasional travel to other locations in support SSE and Cyber Security activities (less than 10%)
- Must be able to communicate effectively (verbal and in writing) and have good organizational skills.
- Completed a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science/Cybersecurity/Information Assurance/Computer Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on SSE and/or Cyber Security experience.
- Experience performing risk and vulnerability analysis and recommending mitigations per DoD and government standards such as NIST Special Publications 800 series, CNSSI 1253, and DoD 8500.
- Proficient in vulnerability scan, port scan, and compliance checker tools.
- Experience using Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirement Guides (SRGs).
- Possess strong technical writing skills for developing technical plans, reports, and policies such as System Security Plans, Vulnerability and Migration Reports, and program security policies.
- Experience troubleshooting network and security issues and assisting with engineering investigations.
- Active U.S. government Top Secret security clearance and ability to obtain additional program level access as required.
- Understanding of Security Classification Guides, DD254s, and derivative classification.
- Currently possesses or can obtain a DoDD 8140.01 / DoD 8570.01-M IASAE II certification (e.g. CISSP or CASP CE) in the first six months following employment; similarly possesses or can obtain an Operating System certification as required. At a minimum, an active DoDD 8140.01 / DoD 8570.01-M IAT II certification (e.g., Security CE, SSCP, GSEC, CCNA Security) upon hire.
- Desired 8 years of SSE and/or Cyber Security experience on DoD programs.
- Lead experience performing System Security Engineer and/or Cyber Security responsibilities.
- System administrator experience configuring operating systems and/or networks.
- Experience with penetration testing including CEH, PenTest , or other related certification.
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management System.
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities including DoDD 8140.01 / DoD 8570.01-M certification preparation labor, exam and Continuing Education Units (CEU) support
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Massachusetts-Wilmington
Recruiting Company Textron Systems
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 292315
- Textron Jobs