American Tower Data Governance Analyst in Woburn, Massachusetts
The Data Governance Analyst assists with the formation and execution of data governance framework, policies, and standards. The incumbent will provide governance expertise, and assist with the development and promotion of information governance policies to ensure the quality of asset data through all upstream and downstream data channels. The incumbent will also work with business partners, data governance stakeholders, and the IT department to document current standards and coordinate the resolution of data integrity gaps while supporting the implementation of systematic and procedural controls.
- Work with business partners, data governance stakeholders and the IT department to identify and document critical data elements, including metadata, lineage and business rules for in-scope systems.
- Play a key role in the development, documentation, and implementation of data quality policies, procedures and standards to ensure a high level of asset-related data integrity.
- Create and disseminate information and policies to the Shared Services department, ensuring employees are aware of and comprehend the latest data governance quality standards and monitoring requirements.
- Ensure organizational awareness of the policy for reporting and managing incidents of poor data quality or data conflict.
- Work with Information Governance team members to ensure any identified data integrity gaps and incidents are appropriately escalated, logged and analyzed to determine root cause(s); work with business partners, data governance stakeholders and IT to implement timely remediation recommendations.
- Create and execute a communication plan that ensures data owners are aware of and understand the information governance strategy and policies and comprehend their role and responsibilities in relation to the strategy and policies.
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert to business partners to ensure alignment between business unit-level procedures and data governance policies.
- Develop an asset data taxonomy that will be used to categorize documents.
- Maintain positive relationships regarding data governance matters with relevant cross-functional business partners, providing input and feedback on emerging policy lines.
- Recommend enhancements to data acquisition processes to improve the accuracy of data repositories.
- Provide recommendations for measuring and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of data governance, operational control processes, and compliance activities.
- Develop and refine high quality monthly and quarterly reports demonstrating program activities.
Other duties as assigned
- Strong Microsoft Office technical skills, including SharePoint, Excel, Access and Visio systems or other enterprise document management database systems.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Ability to educate and influence program stakeholders regarding program goals, objectives and approach.
- Superior follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
- Superior organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve results
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with concentration in Information Technology or Business preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on information management, data governance and/or records management programs required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience writing policies and procedures required.
Approximately 90% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 10% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
Job: Analyst Data Gov
Title: Data Governance Analyst
Requisition ID: 1800002L