American Tower Senior Database Engineer in Woburn, Massachusetts
The Senior Database Engineer leads all aspects of thedesign, development, and delivery of data and database solutions. The incumbent creates and maintains logicaland physical data models using established enterprise tools and best practices. The Senior Database Engineer providestechnical knowledge and leadership guidance to various business and technologyteams during design, development, and delivery to ensure solid, scalable,robust solutions.
- Engage business users to extract complex requirements andpriorities in order to propose the right solution for the business need
- Review designs from the development teams and auditimplementations to assure adherence to Company development standards orindustry best practices
- Assist the organization with understanding newest technologyadvances and best practices to leverage this technology to support businessdrivers
- Lead technical teams in the design and development of datasolutions
- Design for a variety of functional area solutions (subjectareas) in the telecommunications industry
- Perform data modeling and design, and develop datasolutions, including relational and analytical models
- Create and maintain all database models and documentation
- Audit and review performance metrics for new and existingdata integration solutions and database queries to ensure adherence to servicelevel agreements and system health
Other duties as assigned.
- Expert troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of data integration, ETL/ELT, and databaseobject development
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communicationskills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly andeffectively
- Knowledge of the difference between normalized anddimensional models
- Knowledge of best practices through relevant experienceacross data-related disciplines and technologies, particularly for dataarchitectures, data management and transactional databases, data warehousing/BIand through experience with large, complex Enterprise Data Warehouseinitiatives
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levelsof employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionallyachieve results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicabletimelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multipletasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization ofduties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solidrelationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to completetasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize theirresources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree, withat least 6 years of related experience, or Master’s degree with at least 4years of experience required
- Minimum 6 years of experience with relational database, ETL,and data warehouse (design, data modeling, development or architecture)required
- Experience with Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server,and/or SVN
- Experience with one or more of the following platformsrequired:
Proficient with SQL and PL/SQL programming language
- Experience with a data modeling tool
- Extensive experience with data warehouse architecture, datamodeling, design, implementation, and concepts (Kimball methodology, star orsnow flake schemas, semantic layer design, etc.)
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio and SQL ServerDatabase, 2005 and greater
- Experience with Oracle 10g databases and greater and SQLDeveloper
- Experience writing complex stored procedures preferred
Experience with tuning relational databases preferred
Cloud and Client Framework
- Experience with development of data services within a SOAframework
- Experience with protocols such as SOAP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, etc.
- Experience with MuleSoft/Anytime Platform a plus
100% performed in climate-controlled internal officeenvironment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 10% travel may be required insupport of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee isregularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel andhandle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, theemployee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight orexert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Job: Sr Eng Database UST
Title: Senior Database Engineer
Requisition ID: 1800003T